THE AQUARIAN TEACHER™
Level One Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Program 2019/20
Kundalini Yoga, or the “yoga of awareness” was brought to the West in 1969 by Yogi Bhajan, the Master of Kundalini Yoga and
White Tantric. Before this time Kundalini Yoga was practiced in India and Tibet but was a secret practice only passed down selectively
and verbally from a master to a chosen disciple. Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training is a unique and experiential yoga certification program.
You will explore your own potential, challenge yourself, and touch your soul.
"With Kundalini Yoga you can build a healthy body, develop a balanced mind, make contact with your infinity, your innate inner wisdom, as well as open the door so that you can reach your full potential." – Yogi Bhajan
2019/20 Queenstown Schedule
The training will take place as a series of three training weeks from November until May at Nadi Wellness Remarkables Park, Queenstown, which
is in the South Island of New Zealand, nestled on the shores of Lake Wakatipu, set against the dramatic Southern Alps. Renowned for being
one of the world’s adventure playgrounds, it’s also a base for the region’s vineyards and historic mining towns.
Training Week 1: November 9-15 (Arrival Morning November 9)
Training Week 2: March 30 - April 5 (Arrival Evening March 30)
Training Week 3: May 23 - 29 (Arrival Evening May 23)
For Training Week TWO and THREE you will arrive the evening before to begin the training week with the early morning practice. All training
weeks finish at 5pm on the last day.
Teacher Training Team
The Level One program is conducted by Ramadasa Australia Ltd in affiliation with Ramadasa International and KYAsia. We hold programs throughout
Asia Pacific, including Australia, Israel, Taiwan, China and Thailand.
SURAJ KHALSA - International KRI Certified Level 3 Lead Trainer
is an International Level 3 Lead Teacher, Trainer and Mentor in Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. A guide for those in the process of healing,
transition and transformation, she has practiced meditation and healing for over 40 years. For the past ten years she has served as President
of Ramadasa, Center for the study of KY and Meditation in China and Asia Pacific. Suraj created the Awakened Woman series of teachings,
including relationship, intimacy and pregnancy, and brought the first Woman’s Camps to China and Israel.
Harjinder is a KRI Certified Professional Trainer and an accredited senior teacher with Yoga Australia. She serves as the Organiser of
WhiteTantric Australia. At a time of great challenge in her life, Kundalini Yoga opened the doorway to her inner strength, potential and
grace. She has since wholeheartedly dedicated herself to serving others, students and teachers alike. She has the capacity to meet people
where they are, to see and trust in their ultimate potential and to inspire them to find their own greatness. Her passion includes working
therapeutically with students with PTSD and supporting single parents to regain self value, confidence and expressing leadership in their
life and circumstances.
Sahib Singh came from Brazil to Australia at the end of 2002, looking to expand his horizons and learn a new language. He has now been
teaching yoga for more than half his life, and believes that his existence would be very different without this powerful technology. Nowadays,
he spends his time running a successful business, teaching yoga and enjoying his family life. He believes that Kundalini Yoga is what creates
a foundation and seamless connection between day-to-day activities and the most sacred part of the human soul.
Adi Shakti Kaur, Gopalpreet Kaur, Guru Devi Kaur
Level One Instructor: Foundations
The complete KRI Level 1 (Instructor) Aquarian Teacher Training program is a 220 hours
professional training in Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. An interactive course in the theory, practice, and basic skills of a
Kundalini Yoga Instructor, it includes 180 hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of independent study, assignments, personal practice,
a 40 day meditation practice and White Tantric. Foundations introduces the student to the principles and practices of the self-sensory
human, and explores how Kundalini Yoga and yogic lifestyle can harmonise and uplift the human experience and awaken your true potential.
There are six principle components for a Level One program:
- Kriya and Meditation: The foundation of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. The theory and practice of Kundalini
Yoga kriyas, asanas and mudras. Explore the nature of the mind and how we train the mind through meditation, mantra and pranayam.
- Humanology and Philosophy: The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher. The history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga as well
as the underlying philosophy behind all yogic practice. The technologies of Kundalini Yoga as they apply to healing and humanology
(the science and technology of daily living), including, birth, death, relationships, lifecycles, nutrition.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Essentials of Yogic and Functional Anatomy. Traditional western Anatomy, its purpose and function,
including all the body systems and their relationship to the practice and teaching of yoga. Yogic Anatomy and the energy systems of
the body including the Ten Bodies, the Chakras, the Nadis, Pranas and Vayus.
- Consciousness of a Teacher: Virtues and Values of Living in the Golden Chain. The skills and techniques to become an effective
instructor, including practical strategies for teaching beginners, ethical guidelines, curriculum development, and the transformational
role of the teacher in developing a successful yoga practice.
- The Master’s Touch: Cultivating a Connection to the Master. Connect with Yogi Bhajan through the Golden Chain, through
the Masters Touch. Understand the Legacy and Lineage of Kundalini Yoga.
- The Practicum: Teaching from Day One. Practical experience instructing a yoga class under the supervision of a KRI Yoga
Teacher Trainer, receiving written evaluation and student feedback.
Requirements for Certification
- Attendance at ALL 180 hours of classroom instruction
- Attend morning sadhana sessions during the course
- Completion of the assigned 40-day sadhana (spiritual practice) of given set / meditation including keeping a journal of the experience
- Create two sample yoga class course outlines of six classes, one for beginners, the other a selected theme of your choice
- Present two oral presentations, one on a topic of your choice.
- Ongoing home practice
- Satisfactory practicum assessment (teach a class to the group)
- Passing grade on final KRI written examination
- Completion of all homework and assignments, including the KRI take-home examination (an open book exam)
- Completion of 20 Kundalini Yoga classes as taught by Yogi Bhajan outside of the course - if there are no classes in your area please let us
- Properly represent and sign the Code of Ethics and Professional Standards for Kundalini Yoga Teachers
- Live a yogic lifestyle to the best of your ability
- Full payment of course fees
- Attend one full day of White Tantric Yoga (at additional cost)
Prerequisite to the Course
We recommend you read Flow of Eternal Power by Shakta Parwha Khalsa, who was Yogi Bhajan’s first
It is available through Kundalini Books Australia (www.kundalinibooks.com.au), Spirit Voyage or Amazon.
Costs & Payments
Course Fee is NZD $4,300
First 5 to sign up receive a NZD $500 discount and full payment is required by September 9, 2019
- Contact us for Payment Plan Options.
- The course fee includes all teaching, textbooks, materials.
- This is a non-residential retreat.
- All accommodation and meals are separate to the course fee.
- Please apply online: www.nadiwellness.co.nz/teacher-training
- For information regarding the teacher training contact: Harjinder | firstname.lastname@example.org | +61 408 218 443
- You will be notified of your acceptance within two weeks of our receiving your application.
- If your application is unsuccessful there is no charge.
The KRI Level 1 Teacher Certification team reserve the right to grant KRI Certification based solely on their discretion and their evaluation of each participant's readiness to be a Kundalini Yoga teacher. Evaluation is based on successfully meeting the KRI Teacher Certification Level 1 course requirements.
Cancellation Policy (please read carefully)
For cancellations Ramadasa Australia must receive your written request for a refund emailed to Harjinder Kaur:
Email: email@example.com | Phone: +61 408 218 443
Cancellation fees apply, see below. There are no refunds and full payments required after May 8.
Course Cancellation Fees for 2019/20:
Before October 24 – NZD$200 fee
From October 24 – November 1 – NZD $500 fee
After November 1 – No Refund - Full Course Payable
The Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training course is a vegetarian environment. It is also a drug free, cigarette free, and alcohol free environment. No pets are allowed. We reserve the right to request anyone disobeying course policies to leave the course.
The Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) – www.kriteachings.org
– based in New Mexico,
USA, administers the certification standards for Kundalini Yoga Teachers worldwide.
www.kundaliniyoga.com is the worldwide professional organization of certified Kundalini
KYTANZ – the Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association Australia & NZ is the representative
body for KY teachers in Australia & NZ. You will become a complimentary student
member of KYTANZ when you begin the course.